We are seeking a highly motivated Data Platform Engineer to join our talented team of professionals.
Who We Are
HeadSpin is a startup organization and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over 2,000 cellular networks and over 22,000 device SKUs. Using HeadSpin’s service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all of the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, Danhua Capital, Webb Investment Network, Felicis Ventures and Foundation Capital.
About the Role
In this role you will build and deploy platform applications and services that enable a variety of data products across the HeadSpin enterprise. You will be working alongside other platform engineers and data scientists to help the company improve its data products and analytics. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, development of distributed data applications and services, performance and cost optimization, data model and pipeline tooling.
What You'll Do
- Help build a performant, and highly available data platform and the frameworks to support it.
- Actively contribute to the adoption and development of data architecture and tooling best practices.
- Help train and empower sales engineers and other technologists using the data platform to gain real-time insights into customer application performance.
- Help guide and prioritize development of the tooling to enhance our capabilities.
- Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our systems.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience building highly-scalable applications.
- Strong Python programming skill set.
- Experience designing, querying, and optimizing SQL data tables.
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business stakeholders.
- Experience designing and implementing streaming and asynchronous data applications.
- Experience deploying data pipelines in a production environment.
- Experience with distributed cloud infrastructure and AWS.
- A knack for analyzing and improving processes using data.
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly value building a company where everyone feels safe, welcome, and supported to achieve their professional goals. We strive to build an inclusive environment, where every person is encouraged to bring their whole self to work. We want to make sure that our attitudes and processes support a team from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status