We are seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist to join our talented team of professionals.
Who We Are
HeadSpin is a startup organization and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over 2,000 cellular networks and over 22,000 device SKUs. Using HeadSpin’s service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all of the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, Danhua Capital, Webb Investment Network, Felicis Ventures and Foundation Capital.
About the Role
In this role, you will design, implement, and deploy algorithms to surface actionable insights into the performance and utilization of best practices in customer applications. You will work with platform and data engineers to surface insights and key metrics to customers via APIs, downstream databases, interactive user interfaces, and other applications. You will become a content expert and be expected to suggest recommendations and influence decisions by effectively communicating results to cross-functional groups. You will contribute to tools and techniques needed to help scale the team and deliver an exceptional product.
What You'll Do
- Develop models or algorithms to automatically surface insights into application performance and best practices at scale.
- Own data features from ideation to production.
- Work directly with platform and data engineers to build distributed data applications.
- Help guide and prioritize development of tooling to enhance our capabilities.
- Actively contribute to the adoption and development of architecture best practices and new technologies.
- Help train and empower sales engineers and other technologists using the data platform to gain real-time insights into customer application performance.
- Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our systems.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. PhD strongly preferred.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience leading open-ended or research projects.
- Strong Python programming skill set.
- Experience developing metrics, algorithms, and machine learning models.
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business stakeholders.
- Experience with distributed web services and REST API servers.
- Interest in owning data features from ideation to production.
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly value building a company where everyone feels safe, welcome, and supported to achieve their professional goals. We strive to build an inclusive environment, where every person is encouraged to bring their whole self to work. We want to make sure that our attitudes and processes support a team from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status