Who We Are
HeadSpin is a startup organization, and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over several hundred cellular networks and over 2,000 mobile devices. Using HeadSpin’s service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, ICONIC, Danhua Capital and other blue-chip investors.
About the Role
The DevOps Engineer is a direct report to the Director of DevOps and has shared responsibility for oversight of global Headspin deployments. You will be working with internal ops teams, helping ensure that Headspin has secure and reliable corporate production services for our customers and colleagues.
We are looking for someone who can come to the Palo Alto office on a day-to-day basis.
What You'll Do
- Monitor processes to ensure the highest quality.
- Experience in operations with Linux and Mac OS servers, monitoring jobs and ticket tracking
- Cloud native and security experience required
- Deploy and support the infrastructure as needed
- Assist team members with building, hosting, and deploying cloud-based applications
- Collaborate with team members to define the architecture and optimize performance
- Ensure delivery of a clear technical roadmap for our platform in order to support business requirements defined by Product
- Share and ensure adoption of best practices in terms of infrastructure, continuous delivery and integration, deployment, and test automation
- Own all network and development operations for the team and ensure all work meets user requirements, is delivered on time to quality standards
- Play an active role in the continuous improvement of quality processes and standards to ensure the organization provides an efficient and cost-effective solution that supports an iterative development methodology
- Product deployments are across almost all geographies and multi-cloud - support 24x7 as needed
- Experience with data security, especially OWASP and CIS guidelines regarding DevOps infrastructure
- Review activities to ensure all team members are exceeding established expectations
- Provide feedback and coaching on individual performance
What You Need
- Excellent understanding of AWS and Infrastructure components
- Experience supporting CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent with Linux/Mac OS and working with command lines
- Computer networking skills required
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Jira, XCode, Dockers, or Git
- Automation experience
- Mobile applications knowledge
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience leading DevOps teams and cloud related experience.
- DevOps, Cloud, AWS: 2-3 years (Preferred)
- Linux operating system, specifically Ubuntu: 2-3 years (Preferred)
- Mac OS: 2-3 years (preferred)