We are seeking a highly motivated Hardware Engineer to add to our talented team of professionals.
Who We Are
HeadSpin is a startup organization and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over 2,000 cellular networks and over 22,000 device SKUs. Using HeadSpin’s service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all of the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, Danhua Capital, Webb Investment Network, Felicis Ventures and Foundation Capital.
About the Role
HeadSpin is looking for an individual to join a cross functional hardware team focused on innovative electronics design and manufacturing in the mobile testing space. Our team is responsible for the PBox, a rapidly scaling product delivered to datacenter and customers globally. The PBox houses and monitors the devices in our global device cloud. In addition, we are constantly doing research and development on new technologies for mobile device testing: Bluetooth audio testing, physical touch screen actuation, screen capture technology, power consumption monitoring and more. The hardware team is small but growing fast. We are especially looking for someone who is self-directed and cross functional. We strive for a diverse environment that encourages continued learning and professional growth.
What You'll Do
- You will have both software and hardware skills and you will jump into firmware programming and python drivers
- Participate in the mechanical and electronic design of the product
- You’ll follow products from prototyping to full scale manufacturing and logistics
What You Need
- BS in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering, robotics, physics or related fields
- Practical programming experience
- Practical electronics prototyping experience
- Experience working with manufacturing: PCBA, wiring, enclosures and contract manufacturing
- Experience with PCB design and related CAD tools: Eagle, Fusion 360, Rhino CAD or similar
- Familiarity with Linux environments
- Languages, platforms and technologies in use:
- Cloud services and deployment tools
- Raspberry Pi
- 3D printing
- Laser cutting
- Sheet metal parts
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly value building a company where everyone feels safe, welcome, and supported to achieve their professional goals. We strive to build an inclusive environment, where every person is encouraged to bring their whole self to work. We want to make sure that our attitudes and processes support a team from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status