We are seeking a highly motivated Integration Engineer to join our talented team of professionals.
Who We Are
HeadSpin is a startup organization and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over 2,000 cellular networks and over 22,000 device SKUs. Using HeadSpin’s service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all of the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, Danhua Capital, Webb Investment Network, Felicis Ventures and Foundation Capital.
About the Role
This role would suit a self-motivated, results-oriented individual who has a proven track record of success in multiple Enterprise integration implementations using an API platform, with deep understanding of microservices, API management and integration patterns. The role requires a highly data driven, intellectually curious, creative, individual with the ability to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects with minimal supervision.
Integration Engineers are engineering experts in external user discussions and user champions in internal engineering discussions. For HeadSpin’s most strategic users, the Integration Engineering team utilizes its technical acumen to drive high-quality integrations while accelerating time-to-live. Using first-hand customer knowledge, Integration Engineers also impact product strategy, working with all parts of the company to ensure its offerings continue to satisfy its largest and most strategic users’ needs.
What You'll Do
- Build and support integration/ETL processes
- Understand and map customer requirements
- Provide technical consulting and support for our vendors and partners
- Interfacing and doing technical troubleshooting with customers and vendors
- Technical specification design and creation with customers
- Quality assurance and quality control for technical deliverables
- Extensive interfacing with internal engineers
- Assist in the resolution of medium complexity customer technical issues
- Identify patterns and make recommendations for the prevention of technical issues
- Monitor existing integrations during off-hours on a rotational basis
- Interface directly with our largest users’ technical teams, serving as their primary technical point of contact during integration
- Understand user requirements and communicate how we can solve their business and technical challenges, from high-level architecture to code implementation
- Partner with other HeadSpin teams in helping customers understand what is technically possible with our technology
- Create technical content (sample code, demos, etc.) to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices
- Develop new and maintain existing integration processes that move data between systems
- Monitor and support the execution of integration processes
- Document processes and procedures
What You Need
- BS/MS Computer Science (or equivalent) degree is required
- 5+ years of experience in an IT or software engineering role developing and supporting integration web services
- 4+ years experience with Kubernetes; experience with OpenShift is a plus
- 4+ years of API and web services development experience
- Proficient understanding of Web/Mobile app development and architecture including common test automation tools like Appium, Selenium, XCUITest, UIAutomator, Espresso, etc.
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Mac environment and using Rest APIs
- Experience working in at least one of these programming languages (Java, Python, GO, C++)
- Strong ability to align technical concepts and features to business needs
- Prior experience of mutating from Ubuntu to RHEL / UBI
- Solid software engineering principles and concepts
- Experience with test frameworks like Appium or Selenium
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Agile tools such as JIRA
- Highly motivated and self-starter who is quick and open to adapt to new technologies
- Prior integration experience with Cloud SaaS platforms such as SalesForce, NetSuite, Marketo, etc.
- Data management experience including SQL tools like MySQL and Postgres, as well as experience with data warehouse systems and blob storage systems like S3.
- Familiarity with performance monitoring, error logging and ability to develop reports and alert
- Be a highly motivated and self-starter who is quick and open to adapt to new technologies
- An empathetic, collaborative, communicative, and consultative work style
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Intellectual curiosity, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to think on your feet and dive into helping our users and partners with their technical issues
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly value building a company where everyone feels safe, welcome, and supported to achieve their professional goals. We strive to build an inclusive environment, where every person is encouraged to bring their whole self to work. We want to make sure that our attitudes and processes support a team from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status