We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Reliability Software Engineer to add to our talented team of professionals.
Who We Are
About the Role
As a Senior Reliability Software Engineer, you’ll work on increasing the reliability of HeadSpin’s service, in which various distributed components must work together in just the right way to deliver seamless access to a device that may be halfway around the world. You will often be tasked with determining the root cause of a customer-reported malfunction, and then implementing a fix. You will also be expected to help us build tools to make troubleshooting easier.
Being part of this team will lend you the opportunity to make an impact not just within your team but the engineering organization as a whole. You must be experienced and comfortable interfacing with members of other teams to gain clarity, triage issues, and drive them through cross-functional initiatives.
You will be joining our amazing team of passionate, hardworking collaborators from around the world. We live our core values and are proud to be a people-centric organization that strives to rapidly innovate, with an entrepreneurial mind-set, without sacrificing transparency and trust and always remaining customer focused.
Who You Are
- Very strong at debugging distributed systems not made by you
- Comfortable with languages like Python or Java
- Comfortable around Linux/Unix shell
- 5+ years of experience with software engineering, software quality assurance, or deployment of distributed systems.
- Approach problems from an analytical standpoint and develop decisions based on facts and data.
- You love empowering and mentoring others.
- You’re always looking for the common ground.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude for communicating with customers at levels appropriate for this role.
- Nice to have – experience with iOS or Android app development.
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly value building a company where everyone feels safe, welcome, and supported to achieve their professional goals. We strive to build an inclusive environment, where every person is encouraged to bring their whole self to work. We want to make sure that our attitudes and processes support a team from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status