We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to add to our talented team of professionals.
Who We Are
About the Role
As a Software Engineer, you’ll work on improving and developing HeadSpin’s products. You’ll drive the creation and maintenance of our system by creating reusable modules and patterns to enable both team members and end-users. This includes common design language, component development, shared documentation and performance improvements. We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our Core API team. We build the foundation upon which developers build the HeadSpin experience. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in designing, running, and maintaining our high traffic, mission-critical monolithic API application while striving for simplicity and high speed of development. The team’s mission is to ensure the smooth functioning of our core API (written in Python). The team is often tasked with determining the root cause of low-level system issues related to performance, build and deploy failures, security, and more.
Being part of this team will lend you the opportunity to make an impact not just within your team but the engineering organization as a whole. You must be experienced and comfortable interfacing with members of other teams to gain clarity, triage issues, and drive them through cross-functional initiatives.
As the organization scales, we’ll also look to split the monolithic core API into a more distributed system, and being part of this team will lend you the opportunity to participate in the execution of this strategic project.
You will be joining our amazing team of passionate, hardworking collaborators from around the world. We live our core values and are proud to be a people-centric organization that strives to rapidly innovate, with an entrepreneurial mind-set, without sacrificing transparency and trust and always remaining customer focused.
Who You Are
- You love programming!
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experienced (3+ years) in developing high-performance, highly scalable web application systems
- Are comfortable with CI/CD tools and a variety of developer environments to make tools that are scalable and scriptable
- Enjoy triaging low-level system issues and have a knack of introducing automation where you see gaps
- A valued team player in a dynamic, autonomous, cross-functional agile team that inspires others.
What You'll Do
- Enhance and operate business-critical core API applications with a focus on high availability, low latency, security and scalability.
- Contribute to the team you work with and to HeadSpin’s engineering organization.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within HeadSpin.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional team.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Be responsible for server-side and client-side feature work.
- Rapidly iterate on designs and solutions.
- You will focus on product development.
What You Need
- Python exp (3+ years)
- Tornado/Flask/Django exp
- Back end technologies
- MySQL, Redis exp, PostgreSQL (postgres)
- Understanding of REST APIs and HTTP
- Front End Technologies
- Hands-on experience with event driven architectures
- Heavy focus on server-side architecture, creating, developing and optimizing features
- Relevant practical experience with AWS, load balancer, databases.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with other programmers collaboratively in a shared code base.
- Solid architecture and system design skills.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly value building a company where everyone feels safe, welcome, and supported to achieve their professional goals. We strive to build an inclusive environment, where every person is encouraged to bring their whole self to work. We want to make sure that our attitudes and processes support a team from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status