We are seeking a highly motivated Solutions Engineer to join our talented team of professionals.
Who We Are
HeadSpin is a startup organization, and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over several hundred cellular networks and over 2,000 mobile devices. Using HeadSpin’s service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, ICONIC , Danhua Capital and other blue-chip investors.
What You'll Do
As a Solutions Engineer at HeadSpin, you will be responsible for providing world class pre-sales technical support to the sales team. Working directly with customers you will be the subject matter expert on application performance management and HeadSpin. You will be responsible for delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize HeadSpin industry leading APM solutions. During the sales cycle, you will lead the proof of concepts, demonstrating HeadSpin’ ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer’s production environment. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success. You will need to be fluent in written and spoken English to communicate with colleagues around the world. You will also support existing customer setups in Japan, including visiting customers on site as required. This is a full time position based in Tokyo, Japan.
What You Need
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python
- Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts.
- Experience with iOS or Android, Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting.
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts. Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts.
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures. Ability to understand SQL.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers.
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ.
- Ability to work on multiple POCs and post-deployment customer account management concurrently.
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional. Fluency with spoken and written English is a must to communicate with colleagues around the world.
**Please only apply if you have 2+ years’ experience in technical sales, either iOS or Android, and Java or Python. We are not looking for an entry-level team member at this time. **
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly value building a company where everyone feels safe, welcome, and supported to achieve their professional goals. We strive to build an inclusive environment, where every person is encouraged to bring their whole self to work. We want to make sure that our attitudes and processes support a team from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status