Who We Are
HeadSpin is a startup organization, and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over several hundred cellular networks and over 2,000 mobile devices. Using HeadSpin’s service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, ICONIC , Danhua Capital and other blue-chip investors.
About the Role
As a Solutions/Sales Engineer at HeadSpin, you will be responsible for providing world class pre and post
sale technical support to our sales team. Working directly with customers you will be the subject matter
expert on application performance management and HeadSpin. You will be responsible for delivering
product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize HeadSpin’s industry leading
APM solutions. If you have 2+ years’ experience in technical sales, either iOS or Android, and Java or
Python, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- During the sales cycle, you will lead the proof of concepts, demonstrating HeadSpin’s ability to
meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer’s production environment.
- Following successful sales operations, you will be ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction,
driving adoption, and expanding the use of HeadSpin products.
- You will work closely with our sales and services team to identify upsell opportunities and
renewal risks and be engaged with cross-functional teams to successfully manage and resolve
issues affecting your customers.
- You will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering and
Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business
and our customers’ success.
- Work with customers to ensure on-boarding, user adoption, retention and overall success.
- Impart technical leadership and direction on all aspects of HeadSpin’s products and services.
- Track accounts to identify churn risk and work proactively to eliminate that risk.
- Ensure any account issues are resolved quickly, utilizing resources from across Technical
Support, Sales, Engineering etc.
- Function as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback on how HeadSpin can
better serve our customers.
- Maintain and gain knowledge of the languages and technologies supported by HeadSpin.
What You Need
- 2-5 years’ experience (or more) working with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python.
- Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window
command prompts and Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting.
- Experience with iOS or Android.
- Experience with open source testing and Automation frameworks (Appium, Selenium, XCUiTest, Espresso/UIAutomator, etc.) and methodology and principles of test automation
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment(CD) tools
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts.
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures.
- Ability to understand SQL and write SQL queries.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers.
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ.
- Ability to work on multiple POCs and post-deployment customer account management concurrently.
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional.
- Strong ability to align technical concepts and features to business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar fields desired.
- Able and willing to travel as the job requires.