We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Marketing Engineer / Mobile Evangelist to add to our talented team of professionals.
Who We Are
HeadSpin is a startup organization and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over 2,000 cellular networks and over 22,000 device SKUs. Using HeadSpin’s service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all of the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, Danhua Capital, Webb Investment Network, Felicis Ventures and Foundation Capital.
The HeadSpin platform is an industry first, providing a powerful, easy-to-use solution that enables development, QA, product, and operations teams to accelerate release cycles, build for complex real-world user environments, and know whenever any component of the system degrades or breaks—whether at the code, device, or network layer—anywhere in the world. Since inception, the platform’s extensive on-prem and cloud-hosted global device infrastructure has been expanded with machine learning-driven performance and quality of experience analytics to proactively test and monitor mobile, web, audio and video applications in real-time.
About the Role
HeadSpin is seeking a talented Technical Marketing Engineer / Mobile Evangelist to join the Self-Serve marketing team and help build awareness and interest with our mobile development and QA / test engineering audiences.
What You'll Do
- Generate new ideas on how to spread HeadSpin adoption amongst mobile developers and QA / test engineers
- Rank those ideas, and execute on them
- Champion HeadSpin by presenting at conferences, writing technical tutorials, and publishing content (blog posts, tutorials, videos, etc.)
- Have experience with, and enjoy engaging with developers (at conferences, online, etc.)
- Are confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences
- Participate in mobile development and QA / test communities
- Freedom and flexibility to choose technical topics and projects to work on. You know best how to serve a developer community
- Creating content on various channels (the HeadSpin blog, GitHub, YouTube, Twitch, etc.) that teaches technical concepts to equip developers and QA / test engineers with knowledge of tools and techniques that makes them better at their craft
- You have the experience, patience and empathy to teach developers about best-practices and new technologies, whether in-person, by writing tutorials or by recording a video
- You are an active member of a developer community
- You are passionate about technology and can’t get enough of trying out new things to share them with others
- You have experience giving technical talks within an organization, at meetups, or at events
- You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills and have experience with writing technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience
- You are self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision, are capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner
- You embrace asynchronous online collaboration and ensure both your peers and your users are successful.
What You Need
- In-depth industry experience building and/or testing mobile software
- Expert knowledge developing iOS and/or Android apps
- Expert knowledge of Appium
- Ability to develop meaningful social presence and engagement
- Self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communication.
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Diversity and Inclusion
We strongly value building a company where everyone feels safe, welcome, and supported to achieve their professional goals. We strive to build an inclusive environment, where every person is encouraged to bring their whole self to work. We want to make sure that our attitudes and processes support a team from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status