Who We Are
HeadSpin is a startup organization, and we are revolutionizing the way developers test, monitor and optimize their applications. The company is building a first-of-its-kind global mobile device cloud platform that allows apps to instantaneously run on real devices across global mobile carrier networks. HeadSpin provides powerful, actionable, data which pinpoint any problems in the app and enable developers to fix these issues before launch. HeadSpin integrates seamlessly with your development workflow and requires no changes to your app. The HeadSpin mobile platform is now in 80 countries and 140 cities worldwide, supporting over several hundred cellular networks and over 2,000 mobile devices. Using HeadSpin’s service, developers can launch products with the confidence that their applications will work in all the conditions that their users will experience. HeadSpin is funded by Google Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, ICONIC , Danhua Capital and other blue-chip investors.
About the Role
As a Test Automation Manager at HeadSpin, you will be responsible for providing world class automation testing project management on innovative and leading edge projects. You will provide thought leadership and implement robust test management frameworks and methodology. Working directly with customers you will be the subject matter expert on application performance management and HeadSpin. You will be responsible for delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize HeadSpin’s industry leading APM solutions. If you have 10+ years’ experience on automation testing solutions, Appium involving mobile, mobile web browser and browser, we would like to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- During the delivery of test automation projects, you will lead the end to end management of automation test script development and test execution, demonstrating HeadSpin’s ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer’s production environment.
- You will work closely with our sales and services team to identify upsell opportunities and renewal risks and be engaged with cross-functional teams to successfully manage and resolve issues affecting your customers
- You will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
- Work with customers to ensure on-boarding, user adoption, retention and overall success.
- Impart technical leadership and direction on all aspects of HeadSpin’s products and services.
- Ensure any project issues are resolved quickly, utilizing resources from across Technical Support, Sales, Engineering etc.
- Function as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback on how HeadSpin can better serve our customers.
- Maintain and gain knowledge of the languages and technologies supported by HeadSpin.
What You Need
- 10 plus years’ experience (or more) working with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python within the industry or a Systems Integrator
- Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts and Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting.
- Experience with iOS or Android.
- Experience with open source testing and Automation frameworks (Appium, Selenium, XCUiTest, Espresso/UIAutomator, etc.) and methodology and principles of test automation
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment(CD) tools
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts.
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures.
- Ability to understand SQL and write SQL queries.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers.
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ.
- Ability to work on multiple POCs and post-deployment customer account management concurrently.
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional.
- Strong ability to align technical concepts and features to business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar fields desired.
- Able and willing to travel as the job requires.
- Software development
- Ability to use APIs