HeadSpin Proposes Speed Optimizations as Ideal Credit for Citi Mobile
Overview and Methodology For Our Analysis
Banking & Fintech
iPhone 8 / Verizon / Miami
HeadSpin Connected Intelligence Platform
- Reduce cold start time
- Reduce HTTP errors to reduce unnecessary API calls
- Loading screens can be reduced to drive greater user experience
- Slow server responses can be further improved
- HeadSpin analyzed the latest version of the Citibank iOS app on a real iPhone 8 in Miami, on the Verizon network.
- NO SDK, code change or instrumentation was needed to run the remote performance sessions.
- HeadSpin’s AI engine sifted through network traffic, client-side metrics, and videos of the test execution to find areas of poor user experience and performance bottlenecks.
- Recommendations were provided for every issue that was surfaced.
HeadSpin looked at Citi Mobile’s reviews in the App Store and found some users struggling with functional issues and technical errors.
Citi Mobile’s ratings is currently 4.9/5 on the App Store.
Server Side Insights and Recommendations
HeadSpin’s proprietary AI technology analyzes and prioritizes the core issues impacting critical user journeys. Using computer vision techniques to quantify blank screens, time to interact, loading time, loading or buffering animations, and content quality, our AI models can automatically diagnose server-side issues whether they arise from infrastructure deployment issues, poor performance, or API errors. For a custom analysis of your app, request a Performance Insight report from HeadSpin.
The following HTTP errors were found in our network analysis. Reducing the number of API request errors will help reduce bugs and network usage.
The API took 1.21 seconds to respond. This API endpoint should be investigated to ensure the backend is performing as expected. Typically we aim for less than 500ms.
Client Side Profiling & Recommendations
Using our Client side profiler, companies can monitor every critical user flow for every build of your mobile app. Pinpoint issues that degrade user experience early in the dev cycle Seamlessly integrate with your CI workflow.
Using our Nimble AI profiling platform, we were able to calculate the cold startup time slowdowns for the Citi Mobile app.
Full Call Stack
Cold Startup Peer Benchmarking
Citi App performs the best in the cold startup timings (as of November 2019)
How to Work With HeadSpin
HeadSpin Powers Flawless Mobile App Performance
HeadSpin’s state-of-the-art Digital Experience Intelligence Platform™ will empower your engineering teams to:
- Execute automation tests on real carrier-enabled devices worldwide
- Discover performance bottlenecks
- Collect and visualize your performance data
- Seamlessly integrate with your CI/CD workflow
- Monitor every critical user flow of your mobile experience
- Pinpoint issues that cause performance regressions and impact user experience earlier in your development cycle
- Launch new features confidently by monitoring and analyzing root causes of performance issues throughout the development life cycle
- Drive new user installs and user engagement with optimized performance
- Forge user trust and safety, accelerating consumer services for critical user paths across your apps and website
- Benchmark KPIs for mobile performance to understand how your user experience for your mobile app and website compares to your peers in the same industry
- Support localized testing across 32,000+ devices and 160+ countries around the world, on real devices under real-world conditions
HeadSpin has the product and solutions expertise to help you perfect the digital experience for your customers! Our team hails from digital pioneers, such as Google and Facebook, and has already delivered enhanced mobile-centric experiences for a diverse set of Fortune 1000 clients. HeadSpin’s strategic insights can help you:
- Drive new user acquisition, user engagement, and feature adoption
- Deploy app security measures on iOS and Android
- Build consistent performance standards and experiences across all your mobile apps and websites