HeadSpin Proposes Speed Optimizations as Ideal Chapter for Magister
Overview and Methodology For Our Analysis
Families & Kids
iPhone 8 / T-Mobile / London
Android / Vodafone UK / London
HeadSpin Connected Intelligence Platform
- Move servers closer to users or use a CDN
- Ensure that immediate content is loaded first before future content.
- Ensure correct URLs and endpoints are used throughout the app
- HeadSpin analyzed the analysed the initial screens of the Magister app on a real iPhone 8 in London, on T-Mobile.
- NO SDK, code change or instrumentation was needed to run the remote performance sessions.
- HeadSpin’s AI engine sifted through network traffic, client-side metrics, and videos of the test execution to find areas of poor user experience and performance bottlenecks.
- Recommendations were provided for every issue that was surfaced.
HeadSpin looked at Magister reviews in the App Store and found some users struggling with functional issues and technical errors.
Magister ratings is currently 1.9/5 on the App Store.
Insights and Recommendations
HeadSpin’s proprietary AI technology analyzes and prioritizes the core issues impacting critical user journeys. Using computer vision techniques to quantify blank screens, time to interact, loading time, loading or buffering animations, and content quality, our AI models can automatically diagnose server-side issues whether they arise from infrastructure deployment issues, poor performance, or API errors. For a custom analysis of your app, request a Performance Insight report from HeadSpin.
|Time to first interaction iOS||1 Sec|
|Time to first interaction Android||5 Sec|
Low Page Content
1- Slow TLS connection
The application waited longer than 300 ms to complete TLS handshakes with these hosts.
Impact time: 1.8sec
2- Slow Server
The application waited longer than 500 ms to receive the first byte in HTTP responses from these hosts.
Impact time: 838ms
HEADSPIN RECOMMENDATION: If this waiting time is longer than expected then you can investigate the server side implementation further in order to pin down what is causing this issue. If this is expected, we recommend you exploring server optimization techniques and caching data that doesn’t require to be fetched and only fetching data that the app will consume in every context.
3- HTTP Redirects
HEADSPIN RECOMMENDATION: HTTP redirects can be costly, especially if they redirect to a new host, which can incur additional DNS, TCP, TLS, and request-response roundtrips and thus add unnecessary delay. Ensure that the correct urls and endpoints are used throughout the app.
You can try the below steps in order to reset the directives in your .htaccess file which might help with the redirects issue.
Step 1: Open . htaccess file on the server. To identify the web server, you need to find the key file.
Step 2: Find the mod_rewrite directives.
Step 3: Reset the directives in . htaccess file
How to Work With HeadSpin
HeadSpin Powers Flawless Mobile App Performance
HeadSpin’s state-of-the-art Digital Experience Intelligence Platform™ will empower your engineering teams to:
- Execute automation tests on real carrier-enabled devices worldwide
- Discover performance bottlenecks
- Collect and visualize your performance data
- Seamlessly integrate with your CI/CD workflow
- Monitor every critical user flow of your mobile experience
- Pinpoint issues that cause performance regressions and impact user experience earlier in your development cycle
- Launch new features confidently by monitoring and analyzing root causes of performance issues throughout the development life cycle
- Drive new user installs and user engagement with optimized performance
- Forge user trust and safety, accelerating consumer services for critical user paths across your apps and website
- Benchmark KPIs for mobile performance to understand how your user experience for your mobile app and website compares to your peers in the same industry
- Support localized testing across thousands of devices and 70+ countries around the world, on real devices under real-world conditions
HeadSpin has the product and solutions expertise to help you perfect the digital experience for your customers! Our team hails from digital pioneers, such as Google and Facebook, and has already delivered enhanced mobile-centric experiences for a diverse set of Fortune 1000 clients. HeadSpin’s strategic insights can help you:
- Drive new user acquisition, user engagement, and feature adoption
- Deploy app security measures on iOS and Android
- Build consistent performance standards and experiences across all your mobile apps and websites