HeadSpin Proposes Speed Optimizations as Perfect Choice for Mercado Libre
Overview and Methodology For Our Analysis
iPhone 6 / Wifi / Mexico City
LGE Nexus 5X / Wifi / Mexico City
Motorola Moto E (2nd Gen) / Wifi / Sao Paulo
Galaxy S7 / Vivo / Sao Paulo
HeadSpin Connected Intelligence Platform
- Review multiple 3rd party SDKs that cause slowdown in launch time
- Ensure that immediate content is loaded first before future content.
- Optimize connection reuse
- HeadSpin analyzed the recent Mercado Libre apps across iOS and Android. We also took a look at the Android version of Mercado Pago, but could not capture anything besides launch due to not having an account.
- NO SDK, code change or instrumentation was needed to run the remote performance sessions.
- HeadSpin’s AI engine sifted through network traffic, client-side metrics, and videos of the test execution to find areas of poor user experience and performance bottlenecks.
- Recommendations were provided for every issue that was surfaced.
HeadSpin looked at Mercado Libre reviews in the App Store and found some users struggling with functional issues and technical errors.
Mercado Libre ratings is currently 4.5/5 on the App Store and 4.8/5 on the Play Store.
Insights and Recommendations
HeadSpin’s proprietary AI technology analyzes and prioritizes the core issues impacting critical user journeys. Using computer vision techniques to quantify blank screens, time to interact, loading time, loading or buffering animations, and content quality, our AI models can automatically diagnose server-side issues whether they arise from infrastructure deployment issues, poor performance, or API errors. For a custom analysis of your app, request a Performance Insight report from HeadSpin.
- Cold Launch time to interact is 7.54 seconds [iOS], 6.045 [Nexus 5X]. Reducing the cold launch time can enhance the app’s user experience. For Mercado Pago, cold launch time was 1.486 seconds.
- HTTP errors were found in the iOS performance session. Reducing HTTP errors would help reduce unnecessary API calls and reduce bugs.
- Multiple loading animations are detected by HeadSpin’s AI engine. Reduce loading animations would lead to a better user experience.
- Several APIs had slow server responses with upwards of 1 second wait times. Optimizing the API backend performance will lead to better scalability and user experience.
- Search results were not able to load on the Motorola Moto E.
Cold Launch: 7.54 seconds
Post Tab: 2.17 seconds
Post Product, Category Select: 4.34 seconds
The following HTTP errors were found in our network analysis. Reducing the number of API request errors will help reduce bugs and network usage.
The bookmark API took 2.12 second to respond. This API endpoint should be investigated to ensure the backend is performing as expected.
Cold Launch Time
Cold Launch Time: 6.045 seconds which could improve.
Home page didn’t recognize internet after launch
Issue with product search
The app was successfully able to install and register a user account, however there were problems searching for a product when tested on 1/26/2020, 6:29:29 PM PST.
The search terms `Apple` and `Android` were searched on the application, but both failed to load any results. HeadSpin’s platform was able to capture the following API endpoint which suggests that the WiFi was working at the time of testing, but the search API was not found in the performance sessions which suggests it could be a client issue.
Retesting at 1/26/2020, 7:01:22 PM, this time there was success performing the search.
Comparing the previous session to this session, the API that was missing was this.
Cold Launch Time
We were unable to sign in to this app and as such only captured launch time of 1.486 s. During launch, the app.adjust.com host opened up unnecessary connections 2 times and caused one HTTP error.
How to Work With HeadSpin
HeadSpin Powers Flawless Mobile App Performance
HeadSpin’s state-of-the-art Digital Experience Intelligence Platform™ will empower your engineering teams to:
- Execute automation tests on real carrier-enabled devices worldwide
- Discover performance bottlenecks
- Collect and visualize your performance data
- Seamlessly integrate with your CI/CD workflow
- Monitor every critical user flow of your mobile experience
- Pinpoint issues that cause performance regressions and impact user experience earlier in your development cycle
- Launch new features confidently by monitoring and analyzing root causes of performance issues throughout the development life cycle
- Drive new user installs and user engagement with optimized performance
- Forge user trust and safety, accelerating consumer services for critical user paths across your apps and website
- Benchmark KPIs for mobile performance to understand how your user experience for your mobile app and website compares to your peers in the same industry
- Support localized testing across 32,000+ devices and 160+ countries around the world, on real devices under real-world conditions
HeadSpin has the product and solutions expertise to help you perfect the digital experience for your customers! Our team hails from digital pioneers, such as Google and Facebook, and has already delivered enhanced mobile-centric experiences for a diverse set of Fortune 1000 clients. HeadSpin’s strategic insights can help you:
- Drive new user acquisition, user engagement, and feature adoption
- Deploy app security measures on iOS and Android
- Build consistent performance standards and experiences across all your mobile apps and websites