HeadSpin Proposes Speed Optimizations as Ideal Workout for Peloton
Overview and Methodology For Our Analysis
Health & Fitness
iPhone 8 / Verizon / Miami
HeadSpin Connected Intelligence Platform
- Review multiple 3rd party SDKs that cause slowdown in launch time
- Ensure that immediate content is loaded first before future content.
- Optimize connection reuse
- HeadSpin analyzed the latest version of the Peloton iOS app on a real iPhone 8 in Miami, on the Verizon network.
- NO SDK, code change or instrumentation was needed to run the remote performance sessions.
- HeadSpin’s AI engine sifted through network traffic, client-side metrics, and videos of the test execution to find areas of poor user experience and performance bottlenecks.
- Recommendations were provided for every issue that was surfaced.
HeadSpin looked at Peloton reviews in the App Store and found some users struggling with functional issues and technical errors.
Peloton ratings is currently 4.9/5 on the App Store.
Insights and Recommendations
HeadSpin’s proprietary AI technology analyzes and prioritizes the core issues impacting critical user journeys. Using computer vision techniques to quantify blank screens, time to interact, loading time, loading or buffering animations, and content quality, our AI models can automatically diagnose server-side issues whether they arise from infrastructure deployment issues, poor performance, or API errors. For a custom analysis of your app, request a Performance Insight report from HeadSpin.
|Launch Time||1559 ms|
|Home Feed Load Time||3138 ms|
|Workout Load Time||3699 ms|
The ps.pndsn.com host was easily the most problematic host in the session, with an average wait time of 6.38 seconds across 18 made API calls.
HEADSPIN RECOMMENDATION: This host appears to be owned by the third party PubNub. Look at the way the sdk is integrated in your app, and click on the worst performing API calls in the HeadSpin session to uncover more detail. Long wait times like this cause the app to consume more data and battery and can lead to worse app performance.
There were only 3 calls made in this session to this host. The average wait was 793 ms. The slowest call was to this endpoint, for a JSON file, and took 1.27 seconds.
HEADSPIN RECOMMENDATION: Our waterfall UI flags every API call that waits over 500 ms to receive the first byte of the response. For this host, all 3 calls took over 500 ms to complete. Take a look at how much server side work is being performed before fulfilling these requests.
How to Work With HeadSpin
HeadSpin Powers Flawless Mobile App Performance
HeadSpin’s state-of-the-art Digital Experience Intelligence Platform™ will empower your engineering teams to:
- Execute automation tests on real carrier-enabled devices worldwide
- Discover performance bottlenecks
- Collect and visualize your performance data
- Seamlessly integrate with your CI/CD workflow
- Monitor every critical user flow of your mobile experience
- Pinpoint issues that cause performance regressions and impact user experience earlier in your development cycle
- Launch new features confidently by monitoring and analyzing root causes of performance issues throughout the development life cycle
- Drive new user installs and user engagement with optimized performance
- Forge user trust and safety, accelerating consumer services for critical user paths across your apps and website
- Benchmark KPIs for mobile performance to understand how your user experience for your mobile app and website compares to your peers in the same industry
- Support localized testing across 32,000+ devices and 160+ countries around the world, on real devices under real-world conditions
HeadSpin has the product and solutions expertise to help you perfect the digital experience for your customers! Our team hails from digital pioneers, such as Google and Facebook, and has already delivered enhanced mobile-centric experiences for a diverse set of Fortune 1000 clients. HeadSpin’s strategic insights can help you:
- Drive new user acquisition, user engagement, and feature adoption
- Deploy app security measures on iOS and Android
- Build consistent performance standards and experiences across all your mobile apps and websites