HeadSpin Proposes Speed Optimizations as Quickest Payment for RazorPay
Overview and Methodology For Our Analysis
Banking & Fintech
Android / Airtel / Bangalore
HeadSpin Connected Intelligence Platform
- Review multiple 3rd party SDKs that cause slowdown in launch time
- Ensure that immediate content is loaded first before future content.
- Optimize connection reuse
- HeadSpin analyzed the mobile performance on real SIM-enabled Android devices in India on a few top apps in India that showed up on the RazorPay website as current customers using the RazorPay SDK – BookMyShow, Swiggy, OYO Rooms, Nykaa, Airtel Thanks, HealthifyMe and Snapdeal. We tried various checkout flows.
- Only 2 out of the 7 apps (BookMyShow and Snapdeal) contained the RazorPay SDK.
- HeadSpin’s AI engine sifted through network traffic, client-side metrics, and videos of the test execution to find areas of poor user experience and performance bottlenecks.
- Recommendations were provided for every issue that was surfaced.
HeadSpin looked at apps which uses Razorpay such as BookMyShow and Swiggy and the reviews in the Play Store show that many users were struggling with performance issues and functional errors.
Insights and Recommendations
HeadSpin’s proprietary AI technology analyzes and prioritizes the core issues impacting critical user journeys. Using computer vision techniques to quantify blank screens, time to interact, loading time, loading or buffering animations, and content quality, our AI models can automatically diagnose server-side issues whether they arise from infrastructure deployment issues, poor performance, or API errors. For a custom analysis of your app, request a Performance Insight report from HeadSpin.
How HeadSpin captured RazorPay SDK on the apps
At the time of launch, apps will load the SDKs. These SDKs make API calls to their backend. All these API calls are captured by HeadSpin and analyzed by our issue detection platform. We are also able to detect SDKs that don’t get loaded using our Nimble product. For these tests, we used the former only and captured all the performance test sessions.
There are a variety of reasons an SDK is uninstalled:
- Transaction fees
- API/Gateway errors
- Issues with customer support
HeadSpin can help understand and solve #1 and #3.
How HeadSpin can drive flawless performance for the RazorPay SDK
We can continuously monitor all the top apps that have your SDK installed and detect the following:
- SDK uninstalls
- Competing SDKs
- API performance
- Proactive detection of API errors and performance degradation
HeadSpin Performance Session for Swiggy (link)
Insight: No RazorPay Checkout SDK was found in the session
As we can see above, 3 connections were opened (none re-used).
Total time to create 3 connections = 762 ms + 432 ms + 258 ms = 1452 ms.
Our AI engine points out that the connection can be re-used to save some precious seconds.
There are two IP addresses:
22.214.171.124 originates from Amazon data services, Maharashtra.
126.96.36.199 originates from Seattle, Washington.
There is HOP time between two cities.
There are some slow requests (waiting for the server to respond).
The above call (link) takes 23 ms to download but 116 ms is the time spent waiting for the server in Maharashtra to respond.
HeadSpin Performance Session for HealthifyMe (link)
Insight: Stripe SDK loads. No RazorPay Checkout SDK was found
HeadSpin Performance Session for OYO Rooms (link)
Insight: PayU SDK loads. No RazorPay Checkout SDK was found
How to Work With HeadSpin
HeadSpin Powers Flawless Mobile App Performance
HeadSpin’s state-of-the-art Digital Experience Intelligence Platform™ will empower your engineering teams to:
- Execute automation tests on real carrier-enabled devices worldwide
- Discover performance bottlenecks
- Collect and visualize your performance data
- Seamlessly integrate with your CI/CD workflow
- Monitor every critical user flow of your mobile experience
- Pinpoint issues that cause performance regressions and impact user experience earlier in your development cycle
- Launch new features confidently by monitoring and analyzing root causes of performance issues throughout the development life cycle
- Drive new user installs and user engagement with optimized performance
- Forge user trust and safety, accelerating consumer services for critical user paths across your apps and website
- Benchmark KPIs for mobile performance to understand how your user experience for your mobile app and website compares to your peers in the same industry
- Support localized testing across thousands of devices and 70+ countries around the world, on real devices under real-world conditions
HeadSpin has the product and solutions expertise to help you perfect the digital experience for your customers! Our team hails from digital pioneers, such as Google and Facebook, and has already delivered enhanced mobile-centric experiences for a diverse set of Fortune 1000 clients. HeadSpin’s strategic insights can help you:
- Drive new user acquisition, user engagement, and feature adoption
- Deploy app security measures on iOS and Android
- Build consistent performance standards and experiences across all your mobile apps and websites