HeadSpin Proposes Speed Optimizations as Top Customer Service for Salesforce
Overview and Methodology For Our Analysis
iPhone 8 / WiFi / Mountain View
Google Pixel 3XL / WiFi / Mountain View
HeadSpin Connected Intelligence Platform
- Reduce cold launch time for both OSes
- Review UI bug on iOS
- Connect ‘Mobile launching’ from the menu tab, to bottom navigation
- Review login flow and reduce latency
- HeadSpin analyzed the latest version of the Salesforce iOS and Android apps on a real iPhone 8 in Miami, on the Verizon network and Google Pixel 3XL in Mountain View, on WiFi.
- NO SDK, code change or instrumentation was needed to run the remote performance sessions.
- HeadSpin’s AI engine sifted through network traffic, client-side metrics, and videos of the test execution to find areas of poor user experience and performance bottlenecks.
- Recommendations were provided for every issue that was surfaced.
HeadSpin looked at Salesforce reviews in the App Store and Play Store and found some users were struggling with performance issues and functional errors.
Salesforce’s ratings is currently 4.7/5 on the App Store and 4.4/5 on the Play Store.
Insights and Recommendations
HeadSpin’s proprietary AI technology analyzes and prioritizes the core issues impacting critical user journeys. Using computer vision techniques to quantify blank screens, time to interact, loading time, loading or buffering animations, and content quality, our AI models can automatically diagnose server-side issues whether they arise from infrastructure deployment issues, poor performance, or API errors. For a custom analysis of your app, request a Performance Insight report from HeadSpin.
Login took 9.83 seconds to complete.
Cold Launch took 10.32 seconds to complete.
Login took 8.02 seconds to complete with no loading screen.
Cold Launch took 7.43 seconds to complete.
HEADSPIN RECOMMENDATION: Displaying low page content and no loading screen for a long period of time can make the user believe that the application has frozen. Examine the API used for login to optimize the login speed or consider adding more UI feedback to the user to improve the user experience.
It took 3.32 seconds in the backend that is most likely attributed to the slow down in creating a calendar event.
HEADSPIN RECOMMENDATION: Check the backend server to see if the processing can be improved for that endpoint
HEADSPIN RECOMMENDATION: Double check implementation of the graphic and check whether the character displaying on the front is an intended behavior.
Observation: While testing the Salesforce mobile app on Android and iOS, we noticed that MobileLanding tab can be reached from two locations, but the highlighted tab is different depending which location is invoked.
How to Work With HeadSpin
HeadSpin Powers Flawless Mobile App Performance
HeadSpin’s state-of-the-art Digital Experience Intelligence Platform™ will empower your engineering teams to:
- Execute automation tests on real carrier-enabled devices worldwide
- Discover performance bottlenecks
- Collect and visualize your performance data
- Seamlessly integrate with your CI/CD workflow
- Monitor every critical user flow of your mobile experience
- Pinpoint issues that cause performance regressions and impact user experience earlier in your development cycle
- Launch new features confidently by monitoring and analyzing root causes of performance issues throughout the development life cycle
- Drive new user installs and user engagement with optimized performance
- Forge user trust and safety, accelerating consumer services for critical user paths across your apps and website
- Benchmark KPIs for mobile performance to understand how your user experience for your mobile app and website compares to your peers in the same industry
- Support localized testing across 32,000+ devices and 160+ countries around the world, on real devices under real-world conditions
HeadSpin has the product and solutions expertise to help you perfect the digital experience for your customers! Our team hails from digital pioneers, such as Google and Facebook, and has already delivered enhanced mobile-centric experiences for a diverse set of Fortune 1000 clients. HeadSpin’s strategic insights can help you:
- Drive new user acquisition, user engagement, and feature adoption
- Deploy app security measures on iOS and Android
- Build consistent performance standards and experiences across all your mobile apps and websites