HeadSpin Proposes Speed Optimizations as Ideal Tool for ServiceNow
Overview and Methodology For Our Analysis
iPhone 8 / Verizon / Miami
HeadSpin Connected Intelligence Platform
- Fix HTTP errors
- Ensure that immediate content is loaded first before future content.
- Optimize connection reuse
- HeadSpin analyzed the latest version of the ServiceNow iOS app on a real iPhone 8 in Miami, on the Verizon network.
- NO SDK, code change or instrumentation was needed to run the remote performance sessions.
- HeadSpin’s AI engine sifted through network traffic, client-side metrics, and videos of the test execution to find areas of poor user experience and performance bottlenecks.
- Recommendations were provided for every issue that was surfaced.
Insights and Recommendations
HeadSpin’s proprietary AI technology analyzes and prioritizes the core issues impacting critical user journeys. Using computer vision techniques to quantify blank screens, time to interact, loading time, loading or buffering animations, and content quality, our AI models can automatically diagnose server-side issues whether they arise from infrastructure deployment issues, poor performance, or API errors. For a custom analysis of your app, request a Performance Insight report from HeadSpin.
The launch time for this app was 600 ms.
The orange bars here represent time that the user spent waiting for loading animations. In this snapshot, the two areas of significant loading time were triggered by API calls made when the user hit “Assign to me” and “Start work”. The calls in question are on the snapshot just before the periods of loading.
Call A took 545 ms to complete.
Call B took 511 ms to complete.
Here the user had to wait 3.92 seconds before they could complete the flow to accept the task.
This call took 443 ms to complete.
The launch time for the app was 1.01 seconds.
The user spent 6.6 seconds waiting to launch the demo. These were the calls that took place during that waiting period. The longest call took 318 ms to complete.
HEADSPIN RECOMMENDATION: Make sure your app is looking in the right places for resources to fix these issues.
How to Work With HeadSpin
HeadSpin Powers Flawless Mobile App Performance
HeadSpin’s state-of-the-art Digital Experience Intelligence Platform™ will empower your engineering teams to:
- Execute automation tests on real carrier-enabled devices worldwide
- Discover performance bottlenecks
- Collect and visualize your performance data
- Seamlessly integrate with your CI/CD workflow
- Monitor every critical user flow of your mobile experience
- Pinpoint issues that cause performance regressions and impact user experience earlier in your development cycle
- Launch new features confidently by monitoring and analyzing root causes of performance issues throughout the development life cycle
- Drive new user installs and user engagement with optimized performance
- Forge user trust and safety, accelerating consumer services for critical user paths across your apps and website
- Benchmark KPIs for mobile performance to understand how your user experience for your mobile app and website compares to your peers in the same industry
- Support localized testing across 32,000+ devices and 160+ countries around the world, on real devices under real-world conditions
HeadSpin has the product and solutions expertise to help you perfect the digital experience for your customers! Our team hails from digital pioneers, such as Google and Facebook, and has already delivered enhanced mobile-centric experiences for a diverse set of Fortune 1000 clients. HeadSpin’s strategic insights can help you:
- Drive new user acquisition, user engagement, and feature adoption
- Deploy app security measures on iOS and Android
- Build consistent performance standards and experiences across all your mobile apps and websites