HeadSpin Proposes Speed Optimizations as Top Picks for Yoox
Overview and Methodology For Our Analysis
iPhone XS / Telekom / Frankfurt
HeadSpin Connected Intelligence Platform
- Review Slow Server
- Review Slow TLS on facebook host
- Optimize connection reuse
- HeadSpin analyzed the latest version of the Yoox iOS app on a real iPhone 8 in Frankfurt, on the Telekom network.
- NO SDK, code change or instrumentation was needed to run the remote performance sessions.
- HeadSpin’s AI engine sifted through network traffic, client-side metrics, and videos of the test execution to find areas of poor user experience and performance bottlenecks.
- Recommendations were provided for every issue that was surfaced.
HeadSpin looked at Yoox reviews in the App Store and found some users struggling with functional issues and technical errors.
Yoox ratings is currently 4.8/5 on the App Store.
Insights and Recommendations
HeadSpin’s proprietary AI technology analyzes and prioritizes the core issues impacting critical user journeys. Using computer vision techniques to quantify blank screens, time to interact, loading time, loading or buffering animations, and content quality, our AI models can automatically diagnose server-side issues whether they arise from infrastructure deployment issues, poor performance, or API errors. For a custom analysis of your app, request a Performance Insight report from HeadSpin.
|Launch Time||4.8 sec|
|Search for an item||4.9 sec|
|View item details||2.2 sec|
|Add item to basket||4 sec|
The sample performance analysis focusing on a typical critical user journey for Yoox. Following are the top performance areas that can be optimized for Yoox.
Slow Server The server response time for one or more api calls took more than 500ms which is considered to be slow.
Connection Reuse On a number of occasions the app didn’t reuse already opened TCP connections which adds additional overheads.
Slow TLS The application waited longer than 300 ms to complete TLS handshakes some of the hosts which is considered slower than optimal.
The app can benefit from further detailed analysis into the different performance affecting issues which Headspin can assist with. One example is how does the app perform at different times of the day in particular during peak times? How does the app perform on different devices with different specs, or in different cities?
HEADSPIN RECOMMENDATION: Data was transmitted over an unencrypted connection. This unencrypted traffic is a possible security vulnerability depending on the content of the data being sent over the network. Consider making use of HTTPS to encrypt any sensitive data.
How to Work With HeadSpin
HeadSpin Powers Flawless Mobile App Performance
HeadSpin’s state-of-the-art Digital Experience Intelligence Platform™ will empower your engineering teams to:
- Execute automation tests on real carrier-enabled devices worldwide
- Discover performance bottlenecks
- Collect and visualize your performance data
- Seamlessly integrate with your CI/CD workflow
- Monitor every critical user flow of your mobile experience
- Pinpoint issues that cause performance regressions and impact user experience earlier in your development cycle
- Launch new features confidently by monitoring and analyzing root causes of performance issues throughout the development life cycle
- Drive new user installs and user engagement with optimized performance
- Forge user trust and safety, accelerating consumer services for critical user paths across your apps and website
- Benchmark KPIs for mobile performance to understand how your user experience for your mobile app and website compares to your peers in the same industry
- Support localized testing across thousands of devices and 70+ countries around the world, on real devices under real-world conditions
HeadSpin has the product and solutions expertise to help you perfect the digital experience for your customers! Our team hails from digital pioneers, such as Google and Facebook, and has already delivered enhanced mobile-centric experiences for a diverse set of Fortune 1000 clients. HeadSpin’s strategic insights can help you:
- Drive new user acquisition, user engagement, and feature adoption
- Deploy app security measures on iOS and Android
- Build consistent performance standards and experiences across all your mobile apps and websites