Accelerate your Appium test cycles with HeadSpin
Improve your mobile app performance with more efficient testing.
What is Appium?
Appium is an open-source tool for automating native, mobile web, and hybrid applications on iOS mobile, Android mobile, and Windows desktop platforms. Native apps are those written using the iOS, Android, or Windows SDKs. Mobile web apps are web apps accessed using a mobile browser (supports Safari on iOS and Chrome or the built-in ‘Browser’ app on Android). Hybrid apps have a wrapper around a “webview” — a native control that enables interaction with web content. Projects like React or Apache Cordova make it easy to build apps using web technologies that are then bundled into a native wrapper, creating a hybrid app.
Most importantly, Appium is “cross-platform”: it allows you to write tests against multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Windows), using the same API. This enables code reuse between iOS, Android, and Windows test suites. More information can be viewed here.
HeadSpin Advancements in Appium
HeadSpin is a proud supporter and contributor to the test automation ecosystem.
We have made several advancements in this area and are happy to share our innovation with you to make your mobile testing and performance monitoring more efficient.
- No vendor lock in. Test on open source Appium and not a proprietary version
- Speed up your test cycles by at least 30% with HeadSpin
- Capture performance data for more actionable insights
- Conduct parallel tests execution to save time
- Test reliably on iOS and Android devices
- Compatible with two way audio and biometric testing
- Test for audio and video performance
- Make no changes to your Appium test script
- Test faster and more efficiently
HeadSpin developed the first custom desktop app for Appium.
HeadSpin’s Appium IDE is a custom desktop app that lets you debug and develop Appium scripts, start an Appium server, and inspect your app’s structure. It was developed by independent contributors at HeadSpin. Appium IDE is compatible with two-way audio and biometric testing.
- First Look at Appium 2.0 and New Drivers
- Testing React Native Apps with Appium
- Testing tvOS in Appium for Apple TV 1080 and 4K
- Appium Tools for Rapid Development of Functional and Performance Test
- Making Your Appium Tests Reliable Repeatable and Fast
- Tips for Speeding Up Your Remote Appium Sessions