The Criticality of Digital Experiences
Today, digital experiences play an outsized role in the viability of a business, regardless of industry and size. Customers expect high-quality, lightning-fast digital interactions, and they’re increasingly likely to walk away when those expectations aren’t met. For example, a PwC report found that one in three consumers will defect from a brand they “love” after just one bad experience.
There are strong correlations between digital experiences and business results. In fact, a Salesforce report found that 84% of customers say the digital experience a company provides is as important as its products and services. According to Qualtrics XM Institute, when customers feel they receive a very good experience, 94% say they’re very likely to buy more from that company. On the other hand, when customers receive a very poor experience, only 18% say they’re very likely to buy from the company again.
Digital Complexity is Increasingly Challenging
For the business, delivering optimized digital experiences are paramount. However, for the teams tasked with managing the digital experience, the job is getting exceedingly difficult. IT environments continue to grow more complex, interrelated, distributed, diverse, and dynamic. Given the interrelationships, a performance snag in one domain can snowball across the ecosystem. Agile, DevOps, and continuous integration/continuous delivery approaches all serve to accelerate the pace of change. New technologies, platforms, and devices continue to be introduced and need to be supported.
However, in spite of all this change, the tools and approaches in place haven’t kept pace. Tools have been employed in a siloed fashion for narrowly defined use cases and domains. While Dimension Data’s 2019 Global Customer Experience Benchmarking Report found that analytics are a top factor for optimizing the customer experience, only 13.5% say their current analytics capabilities are optimized. The same report found that 57% of respondents say that a lack of system integration is their main challenge in properly tracking customer journeys.
Struggling with distinct, disjointed testing, monitoring, and analytics tools, teams are contending with inefficiency and a lack of the insights they need to track and optimize digital experiences. With these existing approaches, testing can’t keep pace with the demands of rapidly evolving environments and business requirements. Organizations spend too much on testing tools and staffing, yet at the same time, they lack the testing coverage they need. Consequently, critical flaws are discovered in production, leaving the business exposed to a range of risks, including shopping cart abandonment, lost revenues, customer defections, and more.
Establish Digital Test Automation
To deliver optimized digital experiences, teams need to take a new approach—they need to establish digital test automation. Digital test automation offers organizations the following key characteristics:
- Unified testing capabilities. Teams need capabilities that support the spectrum of testing requirements, including functional, performance, and load testing. Further, these testing capabilities need to be fully integrated with monitoring and analytics.
- Comprehensive testing coverage. Testing needs to provide support for various layers within the ecosystem, including applications, devices, and networks. They should also offer comprehensive environment support, enabling testing across web, mobile, IoT, and 5G technologies.
- Unmodified open source support. To gain maximum cost efficiency and flexibility, teams need to be able to leverage leading automation frameworks, such as Selenium for web and Appium for mobile, without modification and vendor lock-in.
How HeadSpin Can Help
Going forward, successful businesses will be the ones that proactively deliver optimized digital experiences. HeadSpin provides the only purpose-built platform that enables digital teams to deliver high-quality digital experiences enabled by web, mobile, IoT, and 5G technologies.
The HeadSpin Connected Intelligence Platform™ enables Digital Test Automation, which provides comprehensive testing capabilities – including functional, performance, and load testing – across applications, devices, and networks for mobile, web, IoT, and 5G technologies, all supported by these advanced features:
- Integrated: Seamless integration with load testing platforms like LoadRunner, BlazeMeter, and Jmeter
- Automated: Support for all major testing automation frameworks including Appium, Selenium, XCTest, and Espresso
- Continuous: 24/7 access to any device, running any application, on any network, anywhere in the world for continuous quality assurance.
To contend with the mounting demands for optimized digital experiences, teams need to establish unified, comprehensive testing capabilities that are fully integrated with monitoring and analytics. With the HeadSpin Connected Intelligence Platform™, organizations can establish the visibility and insights they need to deliver flawless connected experiences for mobile, web, IoT, and 5G. To learn more, start for free!