Post-Covid, digital has arisen as the key way of doing business, and digital experiences have become more critical than ever. With the increasing demand for high-quality apps and better digital experiences, global enterprises are considering investing in effective app testing and improving their apps’ user experience. Moreover, they predict an exponential increase in business revenue owing to the seamless experience promised and provided to their users.
HeadSpin's mission is to help businesses deliver "perfect digital experiences". Understanding the current trend, the HeadSpin team developed an AI-enabled testing platform that evaluates digital experience and factors impacting it (location, network, device, and applications). The HeadSpin Platform helps product managers, SREs, developers, QA/release engineers, and support professionals collaborate seamlessly to accelerate release cycles with intelligent automation in test and production, optimize digital experiences across applications, devices, and networks, and automatically surface insights with practical, context-aware AI and analytics.
HeadSpin replaces a number of tools required for ensuring great digital experiences in various industries. All app/software testing requirements of enterprises in different industries can be fulfilled with higher automation and lower cost through HeadSpin’s globally scalable and continuous model. Moreover, with the HeadSpin Platform, organizations can enhance the understanding of end-user experiences and existing issues with no added effort or cost to improve the performance of their products.
This blog highlights the HeadSpin Platform's unique capabilities and features that its competitors do not offer.
How Does HeadSpin Help Improve Your App Testing?
Using the HeadSpin Platform, app developers and testers can:
- Capture UX and Performance Issues
Organizations can use the devices in HeadSpin’s PBoxes to execute app testing remotely. The data collected by the HeadSpin Platform are screen recording, network traffic, device metrics, device logs, and automation logs. The Platform offers complete visibility into the connected experiences of customers to proactively identify and fix performance and functional errors faster across apps, devices, and networks. Moreover, HeadSpin’s performance & ML module helps organizations collect insights into their applications' performance and user experience. Packet-level network data and device KPIs are measured and analyzed through HeadSpin's ML models to provide actionable insights for organizations. With this model, companies can gather insights about their applications, such as issue cards, time series, session videos, and packet-level details. These insights will help them to improve their applications' performance and deliver better digital experiences.
- Leverage Data Science to Identify Issues and Root Cause Analysis
Poor application performance can lead to low customer satisfaction. So, it is crucial to thoroughly perform regression testing of apps to proactively detect and resolve performance, functionality, and localization issues. With the data gathered from the test sessions of the devices, HeadSpin automatically surfaces issues and points to underlying root causes across all layers of the stack—from quantifying audio/video QoE to code and packet visibility. HeadSpin’s Regression Intelligence is a powerful comparison tool for analyzing degradation across new app builds, OS releases, feature additions, and locations. This feature re-uses legacy automation to enable non-functional performance and UX insights quickly. Also, it will help customers get insights into third-party API and SDK behavior and performance impacting UX. Testing teams can use this analysis to fix the bugs in their apps and improve the overall user experience.
- Perform End-to-End Automated App Testing on Real Devices
HeadSpin’s AI-based testing platform helps testers perform app testing with real devices on real carrier and Wi-Fi networks in 90+ locations worldwide. Testers are not required to install SDKs to perform the testing and analysis through the HeadSpin Platform. HeadSpin’s end-to-end automation testing solutions cover the testing of mobile apps, cross-browser, Android, iOS, and mobile app automation with the latest test automation tools. The Platform provides end-to-end visibility and UX and functional assessments for enterprises. Moreover, this feature will help enterprises track the development and performance of the products to define the product vision. HeadSpin’s end-to-end automation feature can also help increase collaboration for product management and release efficiencies across teams and team members. As a result, the time to market for the product will reduce. This testing ultimately enables companies to stay competitive in today’s crowded app space.
- Enable Global Teams with Remote Access
With the help of the HeadSpin Platform, testing teams can remotely access and debug their apps on real devices from their desktops or phones without SDK or local team support. They can also choose the most popular devices, such as iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Xiaomi, and Pixel, for testing their apps. HeadSpin also offers multiple deployment models, namely on-prem, cloud (single tenant), cloud (multi-tenant), and create your own lab. With these deployment models, enterprises can execute app testing remotely or on-premise and store their test data in the cloud. In every deployment model, HeadSpin deploys a purpose-built patented appliance, PBox, to securely store its devices and perform testing. HeadSpin’s PBox supports enterprises to perform functional and UX tests on real devices in real locations without compromising the security and performance of their applications.
How HeadSpin Outshines Its Competitors In the Software Testing Domain
Let's take a look at HeadSpin's various features and offerings that make it significantly more powerful and user-friendly compared to its market competitors.
1. AI-Based UX Monitoring: HeadSpin utilizes AI-powered performance sessions to provide actionable insights regarding the network, application performance, and user experience. This feature sets HeadSpin apart from its competitors by leveraging AI technology to deliver comprehensive monitoring and analysis capabilities.
2. Wide Device-Ecosystem Support: HeadSpin supports a wide range of devices, including mobile devices, desktop browsers, OTT media devices, in-vehicle infotainment systems, smart wearables, gaming consoles, and more. This extensive device support allows HeadSpin users to test their applications across various platforms and devices.
3. Physical On-Prem Deployment: HeadSpin offers the option for physical on-prem deployment, allowing customers to enhance security, portability, and access to remote devices. This feature provides flexibility and control over testing environments, which may be particularly beneficial for organizations with specific security or compliance requirements.
4. Audio/Video Testing: HeadSpin provides features for audio and video testing, including reference-free MOS, audio APIs for testing audio-based test cases, and AV Box for DRM content evaluation and ambient sound use cases. This comprehensive audio/video testing capability distinguishes HeadSpin from its competitors.
5. Device & Data Security: HeadSpin prioritizes device and data security by utilizing digitally locked appliances with device cooling systems. Additionally, HeadSpin complies with ISO and SOC 2 standards, ensuring a high level of security and data protection. This focus on security sets HeadSpin apart from its competitors.
6. Device Access: HeadSpin offers remote access to real devices on both browsers and mobile devices through features like the HeadSpin mini remote and HeadSpin CYOL (Connect Your Own Lab). This flexibility in device access allows users to perform testing and analysis on real devices from anywhere, enhancing convenience and efficiency.
7. UI (User Interface): HeadSpin focuses on providing an intuitive and user-friendly interface for its users. The UI is designed to be visually appealing and easy to navigate, ensuring a seamless testing experience. This attention to UI design enhances user satisfaction and makes it easier for testers to access and utilize the platform's features effectively. HeadSpin's UI stands out from its competitors due to its visually appealing and user-friendly design, contributing to a positive user experience.
8. Gesture Control: HeadSpin offers comprehensive support for multi-touch and gesture controls, allowing testers to leverage all touch features and gestures on remote devices. This capability enables users to simulate real user interactions accurately and thoroughly test their applications' responsiveness and functionality. Competitors also provide gesture control support, but HeadSpin's implementation is notable for its extensive range of supported gestures and the ability to interact with remote devices seamlessly.
9. End User Experience Capture and Test Reporting: HeadSpin strongly emphasizes end-user experience by providing AI-powered UX monitoring and capturing key metrics such as Time to First Meaningful Paint, Time to First Interactive, and Speed Index. This allows testers to gain valuable insights into their applications' performance from a user's perspective.
In terms of test reporting, HeadSpin offers detailed and comprehensive reporting capabilities, including time series views of sessions, issue identification, test logs, and videos. These features enable testers to analyze test results effectively and identify areas for improvement.
HeadSpin's AI-powered UX monitoring and extensive range of captured metrics give it an edge over its competitors in understanding and optimizing end-user experience. The comprehensive test reporting capabilities further enhance HeadSpin's ability to provide valuable insights.
10. Location Coverage: HeadSpin boasts comprehensive location coverage with real devices deployed across 150+ locations and 70+ countries worldwide. This wide coverage allows testers to assess their application's performance and functionality in different geographical regions under diverse network conditions. Competitors also offer location coverage but may have varying degrees of coverage and device availability. HeadSpin's extensive global coverage ensures that testers can conduct thorough and realistic tests across various locations, providing valuable insights into regional variations and network conditions.
11. End-to-End Testing: HeadSpin supports end-to-end testing by providing access to real devices deployed in real locations with real networks. This approach allows testers to capture real-time data and simulate realistic user scenarios, ensuring comprehensive testing of the entire application ecosystem. HeadSpin's focus on real devices deployed in real locations enhances the authenticity and accuracy of end-to-end testing, making it slightly more advantageous in this aspect than its competitors.
12. Regression Intelligence: HeadSpin excels in regression intelligence by enabling performance comparison across builds, locations, and devices, along with session annotation and labeling. This comprehensive feature set empowers testers to track regressions and analyze custom Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for optimal software performance. In comparison, competitors provide limited capabilities for capturing regression on custom KPIs while offering regression comparison tools with limited functionality. HeadSpin's robust regression intelligence capabilities make it the preferred choice for in-depth performance analysis and effective regression tracking.
HeadSpin v/s Competitors
Check the table below to understand the unique features of the HeadSpin Platform, which helps us stand out from our competitors.
With the increasing number of competitors in the market, HeadSpin always ensures that it updates and modifies its Platform to help enterprises worldwide increase their total addressable market (TAM) by delivering the best digital experience through various channels. By selecting the right solution for testing their apps, our customers have achieved the following outcomes:
- 68% less time spent on QA for new releases
- 90% reduction in the number of overall production issues
- 30% faster release cycles
- 60% faster in-app load times
Q1. Does HeadSpin offer the reverse bridge feature?
Ans: Yes. With HeadSpin’s Create Your Own Lab deployment model, companies can leverage the reverse bridge feature and connect their devices to HS Cloud through local machines.
Q2. What is HeadSpin Peer Benchmarking?
Ans: HeadSpin Peer Benchmarking is a feature of the HeadSpin Platform that helps enterprises compare their app’s performance with competitors regarding various KPIs and CUJs.
Q3. Is the HeadSpin Platform secure?
Ans: Yes. The HeadSpin Platform is SOC 2-compliant data science driven test Platform and has effective security and design controls pertaining to security, availability, and confidentiality that enable organizations to test applications with no hassles of security breaches.
Q4. What is HeadSpin Replica DB?
Ans: HeadSpin Replica DB is a feature of the HeadSpin Platform that allows users to export test data to their own dashboard solutions or to their data lakes.